- Hand & Wrist
- Acu-Loc 2 VDR Plating System
- Acu-Loc Wrist Plating System
- Anatomic Midshaft Forearm Plates
- Arc Wrist Tower
- External Fixation System
- Forearm Rod System
- Modular Hand System
- Osteotomy System
- Foot & Ankle
- Acutrak 2
- Extremity Screws
- Tension Band Pins
- Dual-Trak Clavicle Screw
- Locking Clavicle Plate System
- Locking Scapula Plate System
- Polarus Locking Humeral Rod
- Polarus Modular Shoulder System
- Polarus PHP System
- Polarus Plus Humeral Rod
- Events & Education
Locking Scapula Plate System
While fractures of the scapula are rare, internal fixation of these fractures is technically challenging. Anatomic constraints, particularly the scapula’s limited osseous anatomy, curved posterior surface and unique dimensions have contributed to the complexity of traditional operative treatment methods, and the necessity of bending plates to fit patient anatomy has resulted in long, labor-intensive surgery.
But we’re not telling you anything you don’t already know.
Acumed offers a solution with the updated Locking Scapula Plate System. Reducing critical surgical time with pre-contoured plates that eliminate the need for bending,these anatomically correct plates also act as a template for restoring original anatomy, finding optimal implant placement and guiding screw fixation to osseous regions of superior thickness.
Innovation is a tradition at Acumed.
- Scapular Body Fractures
- Glenoid Neck Fractures
- Intra-articular Glenoid Fractures
- Acromion / Scapula Spine Fractures
- Acromial Fractures
- Os Acromiale
Aligning with our goal to provide surgeons with unique solutions, Acumed designed the Locking Scapula Plate System to offer a pre-contoured option for addressing challenging scapular fractures. In addition to a significant reduction in surgical time, some of the key advantages of this advanced surgical solution include:
- Drastically reduced need for bending plates. Plates match the anatomy of the patient with little or no bending, making the Locking Scapula Plates stronger and easier to set. They also act as a template for restoring the patient’s original anatomy when reconstructing a severely displaced fracture, a significant advantage over traditional straight plates.
- Optimal implant placement and screw fixation based on an improved understanding of the osseous regions. Regions of superior scapula thickness suitable for internal fixation are located near the glenoid fossa, the medial and lateral border and the acromion and the scapula spine.
- Multiple Plate Options are available to fit a wide array of scapula curvatures and address the most common fractures. The Medial and Lateral Border Plates are frequently used for displaced scapula body and glenoid neck fractures. The Glenoid Plate may be selected for displaced intra-articular glenoid fractures. The Acromion Plate is utilized for fractures along the acromion and of the scapula spine.
Designed in conjunction with William B. Geissler M.D., these indication-specific plates allow surgeons to choose a construct based on their patients’ needs and to address several problematic fractures of the scapula including the glenoid, medial and lateral border, acromion, and scapula spine. The Acumed Locking Scapula Plating system is the only system designed to be pre-contoured to patient anatomy.
iPad Slider IDs: