- Hand & Wrist
- Acu-Loc 2 VDR Plating System
- Acu-Loc Wrist Plating System
- Anatomic Midshaft Forearm Plates
- Arc Wrist Tower
- External Fixation System
- Forearm Rod System
- Modular Hand System
- Osteotomy System
- Foot & Ankle
- Acutrak 2
- Extremity Screws
- Tension Band Pins
- Dual-Trak Clavicle Screw
- Locking Clavicle Plate System
- Locking Scapula Plate System
- Polarus Locking Humeral Rod
- Polarus Modular Shoulder System
- Polarus PHP System
- Polarus Plus Humeral Rod
- Events & Education
Polarus Plus Humeral Rod
For over a decade, Acumed’s innovative Polarus Humeral Rod System has provided excellent fracture stability — and a minimally invasive procedure — for proximal humerus fractures.
The Polarus Plus is our 200mm – 280mm humeral rod selection.
- 2, 3 and some 4-part proximal humerus fractures that extend too far distal for the standard 150mm Polarus Rod.
- Fracture stability: The Polarus Plus provides multi-planar fracture fixation.
- Minimally invasive: With straightforward and accurate targeting, our cannulated intramedullary humeral rod is inserted percutaneously in a minimally invasive procedure — reducing OR time and resulting in less scarring for the patient.
- Anatomic restoration: Combining proper rod and screw placement with an anatomic bend and taper, the rod acts as a scaffold to restore the patient’s anatomy.
- Tapered profile: The rod’s tapered profile minimizes stress concentrations — reducing the risk of a peri-prosthetic fracture.
- Polarus Cap: The Polarus Cap locks the most proximal nonlocking screw in a fixed angle and prevents bony ingrowth to ease implant removal, if required.
- Comprehensive instrument tray: The system’s comprehensive tray contains all necessary instruments — including calibrated drills, drill guides and an easy-to-assemble radiolucent target guide.
- Rod sizes: 200mm – 280mm.