- Hand & Wrist
- Acu-Loc 2 VDR Plating System
- Acu-Loc Wrist Plating System
- Anatomic Midshaft Forearm Plates
- Arc Wrist Tower
- External Fixation System
- Forearm Rod System
- Modular Hand System
- Osteotomy System
- Foot & Ankle
- Acutrak 2
- Extremity Screws
- Tension Band Pins
- Dual-Trak Clavicle Screw
- Locking Clavicle Plate System
- Locking Scapula Plate System
- Polarus Locking Humeral Rod
- Polarus Modular Shoulder System
- Polarus PHP System
- Polarus Plus Humeral Rod
- Events & Education
Tension Band Pin
Acumed’s Tension Band Pin System is the first interlocking solution designed to provide low-profile, secure fixation for patella, olecranon and malleolar fractures without K-wire irritation or migration.
This innovative system reduces post-surgical complications associated with traditional tension band pinning with K-wires — which often requires secondary procedures to address prominence of the K-wire at the insertion site and migration of the pin out of the bone.
- Patella, olecranon and malleolar fractures.
- Secure anchoring: The wire passes through the eyelet, resulting in both effective fracture reduction and secure anchoring of pins — and eliminating migration or back-out.
- Non-irritating: Low-profile head minimizes soft tissue irritation.
- Straightforward application: Minimal instrumentation, point-and-drill pin placement and sterile packing for convenience in the OR.
- Versatile: Stainless steel pins in 50mm, 70mm and 90mm lengths.