ELiTE Advanced Hand and Wrist Course – Las Vegas, NV
The ELiTE Resident and Fellow Curriculum was designed by Jeffrey Greenberg, MD, Fellowship Director at Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center, and Jerry Huang, MD, Fellowship Director at University of Washington Combined Hand Fellowship, in collaboration with leading orthopedic resident and fellowship educators in the United States.
The Advanced Hand and Wrist Resident and Fellow Course is a full-day cadaveric program with didactic lectures, case review, and hands-on surgical skills practice time.
Orthopedic Resident in their fifth year and Upper Limb Fellows.
- Evaluate and understand surgical treatment options for articular fractures, and proximal interphalangeal joint fractures.
- Evaluate, and understand surgical treatment options for complex thumb metacarpal base fractures.
- Understand the principles and treatment options of metacarpal and phalangeal malunions and nonunions.
- Understand the indications, anatomy and surgical dissections for local hand and forearm flaps.
- Evaluate and develop treatment strategies for the mangled hand, and secondary reconstructions.
- Evaluation and recognition of complex fracture patterns in the distal radius and indications for fragment specific fixation.
- Understand treatment options of ulnar styloid fractures and biomechanics of DRUJ Instability.
- Understand surgical treatment options for scaphoid nonunions, Kienbock’s disease, and scapholunate ligament injuries.
- Understand the pathophysiology and treatment options for ulnocarpal abutment.
- Evaluate and treat SLAC/SNAC wrist
- Understand surgical treatment options for DRUJ arthritis.
Jerry Huang, MD
Dr. Huang is an Associate Professor in the Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine and the Program Director of the UW Combined Hand Fellowship at the University of Washington Medical Center. He completed his medical degree at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Medicine followed by orthopaedic residency training at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. Dr. Huang obtained subspecialty training in Hand and Microsurgery at UCLA Medical Center followed by an AO Traveling Fellowship in Switzerland.
- Jeffrey Yao, MD – Stanford University
- Leslie Sisco-Wise, MD – Ochsner Hospital
Registration will open soon. Space is limited. To register for this course, please contact your local Acumed | Ostemed sales representative.