OMFS Resident Course
August 27 - August 28
This one- and a half day intensive course provides opportunities for hands-on cadaveric workshops, didactic lectures, and in-depth discussions. Our expert faculty deliver teaching skills and competencies that help residents provide better patient care and feel more confident.
This course is intended for first year ENT and oral surgeon residents to transfer from medical school to residency.
- Surgical Professionalism
- Appropriate Communication– patients and collogues
- Bedside OMFS Procedures
- Patient care
- Basic Technical Skills
Surgical Skills Products
- QuickFix MMF
- 2.0 Orthognathic
Alan S. Herford, DDS, MD, FACS
Dr. Herford is Professor and Chair of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Loma Linda University School of Dentistry. He also holds the Philip Boyne & Peter Geistlich Endowed Professorship. Other appointments include Loma Linda University School of Medicine and he also serves as the Director of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in the Department of Surgery at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
Dr. Herford received his DDS degree from Loma Linda University School of Dentistry and went on to complete a 6-year program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Parkland Hospital in Dallas Texas. He also earned his MD from the University of Texas at Dallas Southwestern Medical School.
- Professionalism, Supervision, Pearls for the Junior Resident
- Patient Safety and Clinical Communication
- Conducting Physical Exams / H&P’s
- How that effects the treatment plan
- Work Flow / Patient Flow
- Anatomy Review
- Tissue Layers
- Key Land Marks
- Airway Management
- Emergent Airway
- Surgical Approaches / Trauma Philosophy
- Trauma Assessment / Patient Stabilization
- Making Incisions / Closing Incisions
- Submandibular Techniques
- Managing Infections
- Suture / Laceration Repair Skills
- Arch Bars / MMF Screw / Hybrid MMF – Placement and Technique
- Assessing what surgical equipment / implants are needed for different procedures
- Which implants are needed for different case types
- Plates & Screws, Towers, Grafts, etc.
Date & Time
- Friday, August 27th from 5:00 PM -9:00 PM
- Saturday, August 28th 8:00 AM—5:00 PM
W Hotel, 181 3rd Street, San Francisco, CA
Space is limited. To register, please contact your local Acumed | OsteoMed sales representative by July 30, 2021, or click here to register online.