Acumed's U-shaped plate technology provides stability with anterior and posterior locking screws. The RibLoc U Plus Chest Wall Plating System offers straightforward, color-coded instrumentation for ease of use. The RibLoc U Plus 90 Instrumentation, a low-profile system, provides power for limited access areas to ensure efficiency in the operating room.
It may be used with both the Implantmed and Amadeo Power Systems in the United States, and internationally only with the Amadeo Power System.
Indications for Use
RibLoc U Plus Cadaver Lab with Lawrence Lottenberg, MD
RibLoc U Plus Voice of Customer Interview with Lawrence Lottenberg, MD
The Evolution of Rib Plating with Francis Ali-Osman, MD
Product Training Series: RibLoc U+ and U+ 90 Key Features with Elya Henry
U Plus Chest Wall Plating System
The U Plus system provides a solution for rib fracture repair that is stable, efficient, versatile, and customizable to each patient and situation.
- U-clips compress to match the rib thickness
- Plates address diverse fracture patterns
- Custom bending instruments
- Multipurpose instrumentation
Custom Fit to the Rib
The RibLoc U Plus plate was designed to be customizable to the individual patient. The plates range in length from 50 mm - 215 mm, which allows the surgeon to address a broad range of fracture patterns.
The advanced design of the plate offers a compressible U-clip to fit to a broad range of rib thicknesses (6 mm - 14 mm).
U Plus Placement on Rib
Anterior and Posterior Locking
The RibLoc U Plus system offers U-shaped plates for rib fixation as well as a straight plate to stabilize sternum fractures.
The U-shaped plates are available in 50mm, 75mm, 115mm, 155mm, and 215mm. The straight plate has a length of 126mm. All plates have been designed to work with existing RibLoc U Plus and U Plus Instrumentation.
Sternum Fracture Fixation
U Plus 90 Instrumentation System
The U Plus 90 system provides a comprehensive solution to plating ribs in limited access locations. The low-profile and 90° instrumentation facilitates fixation of subscapular, posterior, and anterolateral fractures through minimally invasive approaches.
The newest addition to the U 90 instrumentation is the Amadeo Control Unit, which features a wireless foot pedal.
U Plus 90 Ratchets
The 90 Degree Ratchets are designed to tighten screws with little force in hard to access locations.
- Nirula R, Mayberry JC. Rib fracture fixation: controversies and technical challenges. Am Surg. 2010 Aug;76(8):793–802.
- Sales JR, Ellis TJ, Gillard J, Liu Q. Chen JC, Ham B, Mayberry JC. Biomechanical testing of a novel, minimally invasive rib fracture plating system. J Trauma 2008; 64:1270-1274
- Sarani B, et al. Pitfalls associated with open reduction and internal fixation of fractured ribs. Injury 2015; 46(12):2335-2340.