Indications for Use
RibLoc U Plus Cadaver Lab with Lawrence Lottenberg, MD
RibLoc U Plus Voice of Customer Interview with Lawrence Lottenberg, MD
The Evolution of Rib Plating with Francis Ali-Osman, MD
Product Training Series: RibLoc U+ and U+ 90 Key Features with Elya Henry
U Plus Chest Wall Plating System
The U Plus system provides a solution for rib fracture repair that is stable, efficient, versatile, and customizable to each patient and situation.
- U-clips compress to match the rib thickness
- Plates address diverse fracture patterns
- Custom bending instruments
- Multipurpose instrumentation
Custom Fit to the Rib
The RibLoc U Plus plate was designed to be customizable to the individual patient. The plates range in length from 50 mm - 215 mm, which allows the surgeon to address a broad range of fracture patterns.
The advanced design of the plate offers a compressible U-clip to fit to a broad range of rib thicknesses (6 mm - 14 mm).
U Plus Placement on Rib
Anterior and Posterior Locking
The RibLoc U Plus system offers U-shaped plates for rib fixation as well as a straight plate to stabilize sternum fractures.
The U-shaped plates are available in 50mm, 75mm, 115mm, 155mm, and 215mm. The straight plate has a length of 126mm. All plates have been designed to work with existing RibLoc U Plus and U Plus Instrumentation.
Sternum Fracture Fixation
U Plus 90 Instrumentation System
U Plus 90 Ratchets
The 90 Degree Ratchets are designed to tighten screws with little force in hard to access locations.
- Nirula R, Mayberry JC. Rib fracture fixation: controversies and technical challenges. Am Surg. 2010 Aug;76(8):793–802.
- Sales JR, Ellis TJ, Gillard J, Liu Q. Chen JC, Ham B, Mayberry JC. Biomechanical testing of a novel, minimally invasive rib fracture plating system. J Trauma 2008; 64:1270-1274
- Sarani B, et al. Pitfalls associated with open reduction and internal fixation of fractured ribs. Injury 2015; 46(12):2335-2340.